HLA’s Grading Scale
- Applecore uses a letter grade system for all high school courses.
- K-6th students may use the Pass/Fail or Excellent/Satisfactory grade system. It is recommended that students begin using letter grades by 7th grade.
- The grading scale below will help you convert numerical grades into letter grades.
- You have the options of + or – with each letter grade. A numerical grade of 93 would be a B+ whereas a 94 would be an A-. A 100 average would naturally be an A+.
- If your student is taking a class(es) with a tutorial or other instructor who uses a different grading scale, follow the scale used by the instructor for that class.
- Most HLA parent-teachers do not use percentage grades in their teaching and grading. However, if you do prefer to use percentage grades, the HLA grading scale is as follows: