12th Grade Checklist
Concerning ALL students
- Your student will receive one annual Transcript Review in the 11th grade and another annual review in the 12th grade.
- 9th and 10th grade students will receive their Transcript Reviews by request only.
- Every student should use a Planning Sheet and complete all 4 years.
- FL college-bound students should use the FL Planning Sheet.
- Refer to the Path that best fits your students goals for course recommendations for the senior year.
- A student’s path can be changed at any time. Goal Based Planning is used for the purpose of showing you the options and flexibility available for students depending on their goals.
Use the High School Review button in Applecore to see a summary of the credits your student has completed and what will still be needed to meet graduation requirements.
Make sure all information is 100% correct in Applecore ASAP. No edits or corrections will be made once a student graduates and/or official transcripts are released.
Students can do a 5th year if needed to meet graduation requirements or other goals.
If your student will be taking Dual Enrollment courses complete forms and upload to the request manager located in your myHLA account.
Fill out your FAFSA form as soon as possible after October 1 if your student will be attending a college or trade school.
Fill out TN Promise Application Deadline is November 1. (Online application available Oct 1-Nov 1). We recommend ALL seniors do this even if college is not in their plan. Things can change.
Fill out the FAFSA form beginning October 1 – January 17 of your senior year.
College applications are due beginning in October – sometimes earlier. Please check with colleges of interest for deadlines.
Apply for all colleges, trade school and other institutions as well as any scholarships before the posted due date; earlier if possible.
If you have not taken the ACT/SAT take it as soon as possible if your student is college bound.
Fill out the Bright Futures Application after Dec. 1.
Refer to Steps for Graduation for additional information.
Refer to Graduation Ceremonies for more information on ordering graduation accessories.