Withdrawing From HLA

Home/Withdrawing From HLA

How do I withdraw my student(s) from HLA?

  • Have the school fax an Official Records Request to HLA. Fax to 901-384-0731.
  • Once we receive the records request, we will enter the request in the Request Manager under Records Request for Withdrawal.
  • We will withdraw the student and forward school records to the new school.
    • Please do not try to print your own records to give to the school. HLA’s official transcript will look very different.
    • If you need a transcript for your own records, request a transcript in the Request Manager.
    • Official transcripts must be mailed. Unofficial transcripts can be emailed if requested.


IMPORTANT: Please make sure all information in Applecore is up-to-date and correct.

  • High school students – Make sure course titles, grades, credits , and days of attendance have been reported correctly.
  • It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure all information has been reported correctly. Please check for accuracy.
  • If we see errors or have any questions, we will contact you via email or phone.
  • You have 3 days to review the information before we send records.
  • If we are unable to reach you concerning the issue, we will send the transcript as is.
  • No edits, corrections, additions, etc will be allowed once a transcript has been sent.

If your students will no longer be homeschooling with HLA but are not transferring to another school (due to moving or other reasons), please notify HLA so that we can withdraw your student and update your account.


Will my student(s) be tested when transferring to a public/private school?

IMPORTANT: If you choose to transfer your student to a public or private school, that school may require placement tests to determine the student’s grade placement or credits earned. It is up to each public or private school’s policies whether or not they will accept any credits completed while homeschooling. This applies to students homeschooling through an umbrella school or through the county.