Homeschooling Through High School
Welcome to our Homeschooling Through High School pages. HLA started in TN but now serves a global homeschool community, offering ONE competitive high school diploma to graduates in all fifty states and many foreign countries. HLA grants its high school diploma. Therefore, our requirements are set by HomeLife Academy and not by an outside state education agency such as the TN Department of Education or any other state department.
On our high school pages, you will find a wealth of information on homeschooling through high school to help you take responsibility for your high school student. But you are NEVER ALONE! Our growing high school staff is experienced and helpful. Call or email anytime.
One Diploma, Multiple Paths of Study
With HLA’s Goal-Based Planning and multiple paths of study, each student can select the approach that best fits their unique goals, talents, and passions. Refer to our High School Planning section for detailed information about each path. We also provide you with the planning tools needed to successfully and confidently design a high school plan based on each student’s needs.
The uniqueness of HLA is that we put the power in the hands of the parent, allowing YOU to customize a high school transcript that is just right according to your child’s goals. We call this Goal-Based Education. We offer a traditional Diploma and a Certificate of Completion. Our transcripts are as diverse as our students. We are proud of our graduates in colleges & universities all over the country. We are equally proud of our graduates now in jobs serving people, serving on the missions field, and in homes serving families.
If you are unsure which path is the best fit for your student, a career assessment might be helpful. We also have options for special needs students. If you need assistance, our counselors are available to help guide you along the way.
Graduation Deadline: HLA’s policy is that the student has until September 15 following their senior year to finish courses, complete reporting requirements, and request the diploma. Any students not finished by the September deadline must re-enroll that year to finish and be eligible to graduate.
Early Graduation Qualifications:
Students planning to graduate before the age of 16, please note.
- The student must have at least three (3) years of high school. HLA does not offer a 2-year high school option.
- Meet HLA’s minimum credit requirements for graduation.
- Contact and speak with Diane Benson to request early graduation before your student’s senior year.
- Complete the early graduation form that the counselor will provide.
- Students’ transcripts should show the 12th-grade year recorded. You can discuss this with the counselor.
- NOTE: Students who reside in FL or AL are not eligible for graduation before age 16 (state regulation).
- Important: No special request is required for 3-year graduation provided the student is 16 or older. Be sure to list their final year as 12th grade and meet HLA’s minimum graduation requirements.